A Private Pilot Licence (PPL) will enable you to fly a helicopter with non-fare paying passengers.
CAA Rules to be eligible for entry are as follows:
- You must be 16 years old to go on your first solo flight.
- You must be 17 years old before you are eligible to sit your PPL Flight test
- Hold an Aviation Class 2 Medical Certificate
- Be competent in spoken English to meet NZCAA requirements
- Meet the 'Fit & Proper' requirements of CAANZ
Theory Subject Requirements
PPL Navigation and Flight planning
PPL Air Law
PPL Human Factors
PPL Aircraft Technical Knowledge
Flight Radio Telephony
On-line Theory Courses available.
Practical Flying Requirements
Cross Country - 10 hours
Mountain - 5 hours
Dual Instruction - 30 hours
Solo - 15 hours
Full time - allow 3 - 5 months
Part time - allow 12 months
If you would like some more information, please email email@example.com or fill in the form below and we will get back to you.